In the heart of the new EPFL campus with shops and services on the ground floor of the building.
House manager and administration:
Click here for information concerning the hours of presence and contact details of the Atrium Residence house manager.
For administrative queries, please contact the administration.
Download map location (PDF)
Description of site :
- 344 fully furnished dorm rooms, (1 bed 90 x 200 cm with mattress, mattress cover and duffle, 1 desk, 1 chair, 1 desk lamp, 1 dustbin, 1 bedside table, 1 built-in shelf) with private bathroom (WC, shower with washbasin) in shared apartments of 2, 4, 6, 8 rooms.
- Rooms are 19.5 m2 (bathroom included)
- Shared fitted kitchen and living room for flats with 2, 4, 6 or 8 rooms
- 172 furnished studio flats for 1 or 2 persons (1 bed 140 x 200 cm with mattress, mattress cover and duffle, 1 desk, 1 office chair, 1 desk lamp, 1 dustbin, 2 chairs, 1 cupboard, 1 bedside table, 1 built-in shelf, 1 bench with storage) with private bathroom (WC, shower with washbasin) and 1 kitchenette (Ceramic hob with 2 hotplates, microwave, fridge)
- Total area of the studios 23 m2
- Bedding sheets, towels and dishes are NOT provided
All rooms and studios have a LAN internet connection: RJ45 cable. This cable is not provided. Wi-Fi connection is not provided (check the explanations that the house manager will give you upon your arrival. Sitting rooms are equipped with a TV cable outlet. Every person owning a device that allows them to listen to the radio or watch TV have to pay Billag AG license fees. The rooms and the studios do not have a TV cable outlet.
Rental Fees as of 2016:
||Price per ROOM and per month, charges included
||Price per STUDIO and per month, charges included
|EASY 3.5 months min. (as of 01.01.2016)
|TEMPO 2 weeks min.
- EASY: for persons subject to foreigner tax, the tax (CHF37.-/month) is not included
- Also check House Rules
Room and studio upkeep :
- the cleaning of communal areas (kitchen and sitting room) must be done regularly and in turns by each tenant (periodic checks are made by FMEL staff)
- each tenant is responsible for cleaning his/her own room/studio flat including the shower/WC
- Detergents, mops, duster and hoover can be borrowed from the house manager.
Hours of silence at night and other cohabitation rules
- Tenants shall show due respect to their neighbours and should not make any noise inside or outside the building (music, talking, bottles thrown in the container, car doors slammed, etc. after 10 pm)
The residence is for both men and women
TEMPORARY rentals during the summer (June to August):
In the summer, from June to August, some rooms are available for rent on a short-term basis depending on our availability. Priority will be given to students.
The rental fees include the bedding kit (pillow, sheets, blanket) and the total amount with the deposit must be paid in advance.
All above facts are informative only and have no contractual value and are in no way binding.